Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Block 3

Block 3 is finished, and I'm pretty happy with it -


It's well balanced, I think, the bird turned out well, and there are a couple of nice details. The mauve daisies on the left were hand-painted, my first attempt at shading. (If you look back at the un-adorned block, you'll see that I have replaced the centre patch with a more subdued purple.)



a bunch of cherries and some pretty paisleys


a sweet little mouse, and a very "sixties" daisy.

It's easy to create a "pretty" block, with lots of flowers and butterflies and scrolly bits, but more challenging to work in some pictorial motifs, like the cherries and the mouse. I think it will make a more interesting quilt though.

and here's the next block, all ready for embellishment -


Should be done in a couple of weeks - at this rate, I calculate the quilt will be finished sometime in August...

1 comment: